East Brunswick Public Library is pleased to offer Curbside Pickup. For your safety and the safety of our staff social distancing standards will be followed.
Curbside Pickup Policies
- Curbside service will be available Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm, Tuesday, Thursday 11:00am - 7:30pm, and Saturday 10:00am - 3:30pm, by appointment only. Closed on Sundays.
- At this time, curbside service will be limited to East Brunswick patrons and hold requests will only be taken on items belonging to the East Brunswick Public Library.
- A limit of 10 adult items and 20 juvenile items may be picked up through curbside service with no more than 5 of these items being DVDs/video games.
- You may pick up items from multiple cards, as long as the total number of items does not exceed 30.
- Specialty Items, Lendable Kits, and Museum Passes are not eligible for curbside pickup.
- Your account must be in good standing (i.e. not blocked due to unpaid fees or lost materials) to use Curbside Pickup.
- Staff cannot take payment for fines at Curbside Pickup. Fines may be paid on our website through SmartPay.
- Returns will not be accepted at Curbside Pickup. You must use designated book drops to return all materials.
- Curbside Pickup may be cancelled, or hours adjusted, due to inclement weather.
How to Use Curbside Pickup
- Place item(s) on hold either by using our online catalog or by calling the library. For adult materials call 732-390-6767 and children’s 732-390-6789. You can also get a librarian suggested Bag of Books by filling out our match+book form.
- When you receive notification that your hold items are available for pickup, call the library Curbside Pickup line at (732) 390-6888 to schedule curbside service.
- You will be asked for your library card number.
- You will choose an available pickup time.
- You will be given a designated parking spot number.
- At your scheduled pickup time, park in the designated curbside pickup parking spot located directly in front of the library.
- If you will be more than 30 minutes late please call the Curbside Pickup line to reschedule your pickup time. Unless you call to reschedule a missed appointment, items not picked up by the end of the day will be discharged and returned to the shelves.
- Please remain in your vehicle. When one of our staff members approaches your car please show your library barcode or driver’s license through the closed car window.
- Staff will place your checked-out items on the table directly in front of your car.
- Once the staff member moves at least 6 feet from the table you may retrieve your items.