The library aims to help our residents acclimate to their new home. In addition to a comprehensive ESL collection that can be borrowed, we host ESL classes and English Conversation Groups throughout the year.
Table of Contents
English Conversation Groups meet at the library on Monday evenings and Thursday mornings to practice English speaking skills from September through June. Participants must be 21 years of age or older, and able to read and speak some English before they are admitted to the group. For information or to register for the group please call Adult Services at 732-390-6772 or email librarian Paul Kibala at email@example.com.”
For English as a Second Language classes please contact:
- East Brunswick High School's Adult & Community Programs at 732-613-6983 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library does not offer English as a Second Language tutoring, but tutors and their students are welcome to meet at the library.
Registration is now open for our Adult ESL, Citizenship and HSE Classes until we reach maximum capacity. Please note that registration does not confirm placement in the program. All registrations will be completed online. There will be no in-person registration. Our classes will be in-person with the possibility of some virtual instruction days. You will be contacted via email after registration to schedule your test date. Your testing email will include date, time, and location. All testing must be done in-person and only those testing will be permitted to enter the testing site. Once testing has been completed, all tests will be graded and placements will be made. You will receive an email to confirm you have been placed in a class and provide you with a schedule. All classes are free but excellent attendance is required to stay in the program. All students must have their own device to participate in the online portion of the program. These devices can include a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Classes will begin on September 20 and run through May. Our program is open to East Brunswick Residents as well as surrounding towns.
Please visit www.ebnet.org/adultschool for more information and to enroll.
The East Brunswick Public Library offers English language-learning materials for lending on all topics and for all levels, from beginner to advanced/professional texts. Choose from DVDs, audio CDs, and textbooks. We also offer a variety of study guides for the IELTS, TOEFL and TOEIC exams.
Tutors and their students are welcome to meet at the library. There are ample spaces for meetings, including small group study rooms that can be reserved by cardholders. iPads are also available to use in-house, so students and instructors can learn using audio/video, including our selection of websites for learning English.
Rosetta Stone is a free service for language learning. Select from 30 languages featuring core lessons in developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Click here to get started. Enter your EBPL library card number, click on Rosetta Stone Library Solution, and enter a username and password to create an account.
For mobile device (tablet or phone):
- Download Rosetta Stone app. DO NOT LAUNCH
- Open browser on device and go to ebpl.org/esl, scroll down to the Rosetta Stone section, and click on the link where it reads “Click here to get started.”
- Login with EBPL library card number and click on Rosetta Stone Library Solution
- First time users: create account with email as username and a password of your choice. Choose language and sign in.
- Clicking on Launch Rosetta Stone app Version 3 will launch the app
- To sign into the app: choose work or school. Enter username/email, and password.
- You will be prompted to enter a namespace. This will be cjrlc085 (that’s a zero).
- Note: You can only change which language you are learning from the login screen.