Museum Pass Program
Table of Contents
Below is a list of instructions for new ways you will have to book a museum pass for the listed museums. If a museum is not listed, you can book the pass how you normally would under the Reserve a Pass heading below.
To book a museum pass for the Intrepid Museum, click here. This will direct you to a page on the museum’s website with a heading that reads Purchase Tickets. Simply scroll down until you reach a gray box that reads Welcome. Use this to reserve your free museum passes.
Children’s Museum of Manhattan
To book a museum pass for the Children’s Museum of Manhattan, you will need both a printed pass and an eTicket. Click on By Museum or By Date under the heading that reads Reserve a Pass on this webpage below. Locate the Children’s Museum on the date you’re looking for, book the pass by entering your library card number, and print it out.
You will also need to print an eTicket from the Children’s Museum’s website. You can do so by clicking this link here. In the field that reads Membership ID, enter 36498 and follow the instructions to print your eTicket.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
To book a museum pass for the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, you will need a physical pass and a printed ticket from the BBG’s website. For the physical pass, click on By Museum or By Date under the heading that reads Reserve a Pass on this webpage below. Locate the BBG on the date you’re looking for, and book the pass by entering your library card number.
To receive a ticket for timed entry from the BBG’s website, click here. Reserve a ticket from the calendar on the right-hand side of the screen. Select your preferred date and then select a time from the drop-down menu below that reads Available Times. Next you will click on the green bar that reads Get Tickets. You will then add the tickets from the category that reads Affiliated Organization Tickets (you are permitted to check out a maximum of two tickets). Scroll down and click on the green bar that reads Get Tickets, and you will be taken to a screen that will allow you to checkout and print your tickets.
The Museum Pass Program allows East Brunswick Public Library cardholders to gain free admission to select museums.
This program is made possible by The East Brunswick Friends of the Library.
- EBPL cardholders must be 18+ years-old to reserve and check out museum passes.
- Limit of five (5) museum passes per month, one per museum (no duplicate bookings in the same month.)
- EBPL cardholders must owe less than $25.00 in fines, fees, or lost materials.
(You will need your East Brunswick Public Library card number and PIN)
- Day of Pick Up – pick up pass after 3 PM
- Day of Use – the day you visit the museum
- Return Day – passes must be returned by 12 PM Monday-Saturday or 2 PM on Sunday
For example, if the Day of Use is Thursday, the pass can be picked up beginning at 3 PM on Wednesday and must be returned by 12 PM on Friday.
|MUSEUM NAME||PRINT PASS AVAILABILITY *||SPECIAL NOTES||WEBSITE|
|The Academy of Natural Sciences||✔||Visit Website|
|Battleship New Jersey||✘||Visit Website|
|Brooklyn Botanic Gardens||✘||Visit Website|
|Children's Museum of Manhattan||✘||Visit Website|
|The Frick Collection||✔||Temporarily closed to the public.||Visit Website|
|Garden State Discovery Museum||✔||Visit Website|
|The Guggenheim||✘||Visit Website|
|Insectropolis||✔||Temporarily closed to the public.||Visit Website|
|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum||✔||Visit Website|
|Liberty Science Center||✘||You do not need to have a pass to use this discount.
Just show your East Brunswick library card to receive
$3.00 off admission price. Please note the discount
only applies to the cardholder.
|Morven Museum & Garden||✔||Visit Website|
|Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)||✘||Visit Website|
|Newark Museum||✘||Visit Website|
|Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms||✘||Temporarily closed to the public.||Visit Website|
|* You can print your museum pass directly from your home computer. There is no need to pick up a museum pass at the Circulation Desk.|
- Reserved passes must be picked up at the Circulation Desk. As a courtesy, museum passes can be returned after library hours, before they are due, at the walk-up media drop. The walk-up media drop is attached to the library building, located to the left of the front doors.
- Patron must present the library card under whose name the pass was reserved.
- Passes not picked up by the Day of Use are considered a No Show.
- Reservations canceled the day before or on the Day of Use are also considered a No Show.
- Due to high demand, two (2) No Shows in a 90 day period may result in a 3 month block on museum pass reservations.
- Reservations may be canceled up to two (2) days before the Day of Use. You can cancel online or by calling the Circulation Desk 732-390-6951.
- There will be a $20.00 late fee each day the pass is past due. The maximum fine will not exceed $100.00.
- The cardholder is responsible for the full replacement cost if the pass is lost or damaged.
For more information, please call the Circulation Desk at 732-390-6951.