Gale Virtual Reference Library
The Gale Virtual Reference Collection contains the full text of hundreds of reference books for your research. These are trusted and authoritative reference works that are fully searchable and are available 24/7 from the library's website using the Online Databases page or library catalog.
- To search:
- Go to Research > Online Databases > Adults
- Scroll down the page to eBooks -- Gale Virtual Reference Collection. In-library users will be able to directly access the search page. Home users will need to supply their library card and PIN numbers.
- You can also search for Gale Virtual Reference Library Collection titles from within the library catalog. All of these reference books will contain a searchable phrase Gale eBooks. Any Gale Virtual Reference eBook in your search results will say Internet Resource and Available for East Brunswick Public Library via Gale Virtual Reference Library. Click here to access. Click on that link to view the eBook. You will need to supply your library card number to use these resources.
- Searching within a selected title:
- Click on the selected title in your library catalog search.
- Click on the hyperlink within that record to bring up that electronic book.
- Click in the Search box on the left side of the screen, type in your search terms.
- Choose whether to search just within the publication or within all volumes in the edition.
- Hit <Enter>
- Click on a title or topic from the results screen and the full content of that article will appear.
- Use the tools box on the right side of the screen to view in PDF format, Print Preview, Email, Download, Download as an MP3 or use the citation tools, or even Translate to 11 different languages.