Who Really Elects the President: The Workings of the Electoral College (Zoom)
No Registration Required.
Have you ever wondered about how the Electoral College actually works? How many votes does each state receive? How someone comes to be an elector? In the early days of the Republic, the Founding Fathers designed this political process as a way to manage an unruly public and, if needed, overturn the election results. So has it worked in the way that it was intended? In this program, participants will learn about this history of the Electoral College and how it works through a first-hand account.
This program will be presented by Frank Argote-Freyre, an Associate Professor at Kean University. He earned his Ph.D. from Rutgers University in Latin American History. Frank received a NJCH Honor Book designation in 2007. Also, he was an elector for President Obama in 2012.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Library
This event will be held on the Zoom platform. Please make sure you have the application installed on your computer, iOS, or Android device.
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONNECT
- To join our Zoom Meeting click on (or copy/paste) link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89828245878
- Meeting ID: 898 2824 5878
- Password: 561085
- To dial-in via telephone for audio instead of joining the webinar: 929-436-2866
FOR COMPUTER USERS
- Your computer must have a monitor. You do not need a camera or microphone.
- Click (or copy/paste) this link into a web browser to access the Zoom virtual meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89828245878
- Zoom may ask you to download and install the application file for you to join the meeting. Download and install the file so you can connect to Zoom.
- To hear the program, you can either use your computer’s speakers or call in using a telephone. Select which one you prefer.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. You will be able to view the presentation and hear it, but you will not be seen or heard.
- Have a question for the presenter? You can press the Chat button on the bottom of the screen and type you question in the lower right corner. You question will be answered at the end of the program.