Tech Skills for Mid-Career Series: we will start 2021 with Intermediate Python, a continuation of Intro to Python session. Class will cover basic string and text files manipulation.
This is a 4-part class, meeting every Thursday at 7 pm.
Week 1.1: January 7
Week 1.2: January 14
Week 1.3: January 21
Week 1.4: January 28
Registration is closed
Prerequisite: be able to write code and execute simple Python code. Be able to run simple programs using loops. conditionals, functions and variables. Basic debugging skills. Catch up by reviewing Intro to Python here
Class Duration: 45 min
Introduction to Computer Science for people entering the workforce, re-entering the workforce, or in the workforce. This class takes a top-down approach, emphasizing mastery of high-level concepts with hand on practice with easy to follow tutorials.
This course is based on the popular CS50 online course from Harvard University. The virtual class provides students opportunities to discuss and ask questions during class and get real-time help. Students are encourage to exercise self-learning, try on their own, explore, imagination and craft their own path.
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
- A Computer or Smart Phone is required to watch and hear this class
- Click (or copy/paste) into a web browser to access the virtual meeting.
- To follow along with the virtual class, we suggest having two devices or two monitors during the class. On one device you can watch the class and on the other you can use the application. Or you can use one desktop/laptop and two browser, follow this article to learn how. I will do a short demonstration on Jan 5th's class.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. Unmute yourself to talk or use the chat box to ask questions. Questions are encouraged.
- Audience: Adults
- This Session will be recorded.
Cost of class: Free.
Any questions email me at email@example.com 45 min before the meeting, or call 732-390-6767 before 7:00 pm.