with special events and resources available for Latino and Hispanic business owners and entrepreneurs.
Governor Murphy’s Hispanic State Resource Fair returns on September 23, 2022 with the theme of “Unidos: Inclusivity for a Stronger Nation.” Additionally, the New Jersey Puerto Rico Commission will be hosting its first New Jersey Puerto Rican Summit.
What: Governor Murphy’s Hispanic Resource Fair in partnership with the NJ Puerto Rico Commission
When: Friday, September 23, 2022 from 9:30am
Where: 30 Van Dyke Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 0890 - DCF Training Academy
How: RSVP at bit.ly/HRF22
The Small Business Administration celebrates the impact that Hispanic entrepreneurs have had on the economy:
- Nearly one in four new businesses is Hispanic-owned.
- The nearly 5 million Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States contribute more than $800 billion to the American economy annually.
- There are more than 300,000 Hispanic-owned, employer businesses located across all 50 states and the District of Columbia. These enterprises employ at least one employee other than the owner.
- Hispanic employer businesses employ about 1 million workers, with more than $100 billion in annual payroll. The number of Hispanic-owned businesses that employ at least one employee other than the owner increased by 14% between 2012 and 2017 — more than twice as fast as the national average.
- In the decade preceding the pandemic, the number of Hispanic business owners increased 34% compared to an increase of just 1% among non-Hispanic business owners.
Register here for free Spanish-language webinars on running a successful business hosted by the Small Business Development Centers of CT, NY, NJ, PA, PR and RI.
SCORE maintains a special business hub for Hispanic entrepreneurs.
The Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce offers training and events.